Series: The Heirs of Watson Island
Published by Simon Pulse on 10/28/2014
Buy on Amazon
Three plantations. Two wishes. One ancient curse.
All her life, Barrie Watson has been a virtual prisoner in the house where she lives with her shut-in mother. When her mother dies, Barrie promises to put some mileage on her stiletto heels. But she finds a new kind of prison at her aunt’s South Carolina plantation instead--a prison guarded by an ancient spirit who long ago cursed one of the three founding families of Watson Island and gave the others magical gifts that became compulsions.
Stuck with the ghosts of a generations-old feud and hunted by forces she cannot see, Barrie must find a way to break free of the family legacy. With the help of sun-kissed Eight Beaufort, who knows what Barrie wants before she knows herself, the last Watson heir starts to unravel her family's twisted secrets. What she finds is dangerous: a love she never expected, a river that turns to fire at midnight, a gorgeous cousin who isn’t what she seems, and very real enemies who want both Eight and Barrie dead.
About the author:
Martina Boone was born in Prague and spoke several languages before learning English. She fell in love with words and never stopped delighting in them.
From her home in Virginia, where she lives with her husband, children, and Auggie the wonder dog, she enjoys writing contemporary fantasy set in the kinds of magical places she’d love to visit. When she isn’t writing, she’s addicted to travel, horses, skiing, chocolate flavored tea, and anything with Nutella on it.
IT WOULDN’T BE BOOKHOUNDS WITHOUT A PICTURE OF DOGS AND THE BOOK!
That’s Auggie the wonder dog (he’s a therapy dog and insanely smart) and Zoe. She’s just Zoe, although she was a calendar cover girl at the shelter where we found her. : ) ~ Martina
WANT TO WIN THIS Awesome Prize pack?
play by the rules
- All giveaways are international.
- The current prizes and past winners are always on display in the Compulsion Prize Vault.
- Your mailing address is required and has to be correct. With this many prizes, we will not be able to transfer information from emails.
- We will not be responsible for lost or misdirected packages.
- You can get extra points for adding Compulsion on Goodreads, joining the mailing list, liking on Facebook, etc.
- ALL prizes in will be given away at midnight 12/1/14.