ABOUT THE BOOK
Phoenix Island #2
Author: John Dixon
Release Date: August 4th, 2015
Publisher: Gallery Books
The follow-up to the critically acclaimed Phoenix Island, which reads like “Lord of the Flies meets Wolverine and Cool Hand Luke” (F. Paul Wilson, creator of Repairman Jack) and inspired the CBS TV show Intelligence.
With a chip in his head and hundreds more throughout his body, sixteen-year-old Carl Freeman was turned from an orphan with impulse control issues into a super-soldier. Forced into the mercenary Phoenix Force group, he begins to fear he’ll never escape. Sent to a volcanic island to fight for them, he’ll compete in a combat tournament that awards teens with survival for merciless brutality. But just when all looks lost, he spies a friendly face…and possibly a way out.
“Dixon, using his experience in boxing, creates a fascinating young character in sixteen-year-old Carl Freeman. Phoenix Island is an excellent book that shows Dixon is well on his way in becoming a great storyteller.”–Suspense Magazine on Phoenix Island
“Fantastic… superbly suspenseful… unpredictable and frightening. Phoenix Island will blow you away.” – Mark Sullivan, New York Times bestselling author of Rogue and co-author of Private Games (with James Patterson)
“Lord of the Flies meets Wolverine and Cool Hand Luke. A tribute to the indomitable human spirit that challenges the mob and chooses values over expediency.” — F. Paul Wilson, creator of Repairman Jack.
“Crisply written and imaginative… Dixon’s page-turner will keep readers of all ages enthralled.” — Kirkus Reviews
John Dixon’s debut novel, Phoenix Island, won the Bram Stoker Award and inspired the CBS TV series Intelligence. A former boxer, teacher, and stone mason, John lives in West Chester, PA, with his wife, Christina, and their freeloading pets.
- Growing up, my family lived primarily off the land.
- My old roommate, Matt McGrory, was 7’8”, held the Guinness Book record for the biggest feet in the world, and starred in movies like BIG FISH and HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES.
- During 8th grade, I was suspended for two weeks. I later taught 8th grade.
- I’ve also worked as a bartender, bouncer, youth counselor, prison tutor, and stone mason.
- I spent months building a massive stone wall for NYT bestseller Lisa Scottoline.
- My wife was literally the girl-next-door.
- I have two border collies… one good, one evil.
- I love mashed potatoes, hot peppers, boxing, and chess.
- I’ve broken my nose seven times.
- A teacher told me, “Don’t bother going to college because you’ll never amount to anything.”
One winner will get a signed copy of PHOENIX ISLAND and DEVIL’S POCKET
(Open To US Only | Must be 13+ To Enter)
July 29th A Dream Within A Dream REVIEW
July 30th Me, My Shelf and I QUOTE STOP
July 31st Fictitious Delicious QUOTE STOP
August 1st TMBA Tries To Write REVIEW
August 2nd Book Hounds YA 10 RANDOM THINGS
August 3rd TTC Books And More GUEST POST
August 4th Mary’s Cup of Tea REVIEW