Published by Month 9
Rise by Jennifer Anne Davis
Release Date: May 17, 2016
The people of Nelebek live in fear of persecution from the evil Morlet, who reigns with a dark and destructive magic. The kingdom’s only hope lies with the Order of the Krigers—twelve warriors with mysterious powers linked to magical weapons.
For over a century, Morlet has been annihilating the Order, picking them off one by one. Eleven Krigers have been hunted down, tortured, and imprisoned in his dungeon. Now, only one remains.
Sixteen-year-old Kaia survives by keeping her head down and minding her own business. But when she finds herself in the middle of a public execution where the mysterious Morlet is in attendance, an odd compulsion she can’t resist comes over her.
Kaia looks into Morlet’s eyes.
Soon, an ancient power awakens and Kaia can no more blend into the scenery. Will she heed the call of the Krigers or will Morlet’s dark magic destroy the last of the Order?
Jennifer Anne Davis is the award-winning author of the bestselling TRUE REIGN series. After graduating from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential, she married her high school sweetheart. Jennifer is currently a full-time writer and mother of three highly energetic children. Her days are spent living in imaginary worlds and fueling her own kids’ creativity.
- What is on your nightstand? Sitting on my nightstand, I have my Kindle, my hardback of Stars Above by Marissa Meyer, my wedding picture, an angel statue, and some chapstick.
- What author would you totally fan? Sarah J. Maas. Seriously. I would die.
- What makes you cringe? Bad dialogue. When I’m reading dialogue and tripping over it, it makes me want to stop reading the book, regardless of how good the story is.
- Do you obsessively plot out each point or just go with the flow? Depends. With the Order of the Krigers series, I just had an idea of the world and where I wanted to go with it. So I guess you could say I had a loose outline. Then I allowed the story and characters to go where they wanted. However, I will say I knew how the entire series would end before I wrote book one. I think having that mental note of where I wanted to end up helped keep the story on track.
- Is there a word you love to use? Just, well, so. Use them ALL the time.
Miles, family dog (weimaraner)
Rango, my son’s gecko
Bruiser, family tortoise (Salcata) and yes, he’s around 120 pounds
Giveaway Information: Contest ends June 3, 2016
- Five (5) winners will receive a digital copy of Rise by Jennifer Anne Davis (INT)
- One (1) winner will receive a scrabble tile book cover charm (US ONLY)