Summoner by S.D. Grimm
Publication Date: September 4, 2017
Publisher: Entangled TEEN
When Allie’s best friend dares their group to play a game in a cemetery—something she calls “witching”—Allie never expects what it might mean for her. When she plays, she doesn’t just find bodies, she summons their souls. But one soul wants more than Allie is willing to give.
And the boy next door could be the key to saving her.
Cody Burkhart. Straight from Montana, cowboy hat wearing, and smoking hot, he’s just the thing to help Allie become “normal” again after the death of her mother. And as her newly appointed Guardian, he’s also just the thing to help Allie ward off the vengeful spirit who’s after her soul. Except Cody has his own demons to slay that keep him closed off. But as the full moon approaches, so does their only chance to break the curse, and Cody will have to make the biggest sacrifice of all.
Link to Goodreads:
D. Grimm’s first love in writing is young adult fantasy and science fiction. She is represented by Julie Gwinn of the Seymour Agency and author of SCARLET MOON. She currently has four books under contract, including the remainder of her YA fantasy series Children of the Blood Moon. When she’s not writing or editing, Sarah enjoys reading (of course!), practicing kickboxing and Brazilian jiu jitsu, training dogs, and binge-watching shows with great characters. Her office is anywhere she can curl up with her laptop and at least one large-sized dog. You can learn more about her upcoming novels at www.sdgrimm.com.
I LOVE my writing desk. It’s a place where I can be myself and therefore decorate it with all the things I love. (It’s a total hand-me-down and not in the awesomest shape ever, but it’s mine, my own, my precious—er, well, you get the idea.)
There’s a lot on my desk, but I want to highlight a few items so you know how geeky I am. Also, the next item I plan to purchase for my desk is a red Voltron lion. I cannot wait! *ahem*
Okay, five featured items:
- Grimmlies! I wanted a clay dragon and gryphon to put on my desk. The dragon I wanted was too expensive, so I made my own. And then I made others. Unicorns, Pegasai, wolves. And, yes, I’ve sold some on Etsy. So I have these magical cuties to help keep me focused and cheer me on. ( etsy.com/shops/grimmlies )
- Rurouni Kenshin. Because everyone needs a former samurai assassin turned wandering swordsman and protector of the people on their desk. Also, anime and manga represent!
- Captain America Funko. Because “I’m with you to the end of the line” and “I could do this all day” resonate with my heart. Did you understand those references? *fist bump*
- Jayden! Okay, I may have made this Funko into the main character from one of my other novels. Her name is Jayden. She wields daggers and predicts storms. She stars in Scarlet Moon (by me!), and she’s awesome.
- Toothless! Because tiny Night Fury, people. Tiny, baby, goofy, adorable, Night Fury. Fear him. He never misses.
- Bonus featured items! Item one: a hand-blown glass dragon from Hawaii, gifted to me by my in-laws, who are not geeky at all, but they love me. Item two: a Phoenix from my parents, because a Phoenix rises from the ashes, no matter how many times it gets burned.
So that’s that kind of awesomeness I put on my desk. If you look closely, I’m sure you can catch a glimpse of Spidey or R2-D2 or Ghost the direwolf. You know, important geekery. And I’m sure you noticed my two computer screens. Very important. Did I mention that I love my job?
Release Day Party – September 19th!
Summoner Prize Pack including:
* A velvet bookmark
* A journal based on the one Allie’s mom gave her
* Allie’s salsa recipe
* A $20 Amazon gift card