In the city of Daventry, citizens live without question of authority, liberty or even the ability to dream. Your purpose is determined by your placement within the Sectors of Society. 16 year old Ethan Drake is quiet and awkward without a lot of friends. Plagued by nightmares of people and places he doesn’t recognize, he struggles to fit in. Much to his classmates surprise, he is placed in the esteemed Technology Sector alongside the city’s top leaders. Soon his vivid and frightening dreams consume his life. He turns to his mentor, Dr. Godrik Stevens, a geneticist and the holder of many secrets to help him figure out what’s wrong with him. In their search for a cure, they uncover a secret about their beloved city so horrifying, it could change their lives forever. Of course, there are those who want the secret to remain hidden and soon Ethan finds himself in the middle of a war. Will he be able to find the answers he so desperately seeks before its too late?
Georgina Kane – I graduated from St. Cloud State University with a BA in English Writing and Literature. I’ve been writing since childhood but I’ve recently started writing full length novels and short stories.
My first book is called Awaken – a YA scifi dystopian story of a 16 year old boy who finds out the secret his society has been keeping for hundreds of years.
I’m currently working on my second novel, Midnight Wolf – a YA supernatural thriller that follows three caster brothers who are sent to a high school to investigate supernatural attacks.
- What is on your nightstand? Books, my cell phone, a lamp, notebooks and my laptop. Plus, a picture of my cat 🙂
- What author would you totally fan? I love supernatural and fantasy books but one of my favorite authors is Sophie Kinsella. I have every book she’s written!
- What makes you cringe? Bad grammar. I love fanfiction, it’s where I started writing, but nothing is worse than not being able to read a story because the grammar and spelling is so bad. I would never publish something without proofing it first.
- Do you obsessively plot out each point or just go with the flow? I usually go with the flow. My books always start out one way and end up another! But I love what I end up with 🙂
- Is there a word you love to use? It’s not a word I use but one that has been used many times to describe my writing – angst. I love writing angst, creating tension and conflict. I think those are the most interesting stories. In my fanfiction I am known as the queen of angst! And there’s plenty of angst in my novel!
3 winners will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card, US Only.
3 winners will receive a signed finished copy of AWAKEN, US Only.
11/13/2017- The Desert Bibliophile– Review
11/14/2017- Life Within The Pages– Interview
11/15/2017- Jrsbookreviews– Review
11/16/2017- Jena Brown Writes– Review
11/17/2017- PC Book Reviews & Book Tours– Guest Post