Published by Entangled Teen
Link to Goodreads:
Star hockey player Daniel Sacachelli wants only two things: 1) for the Falcons
to win next season, and 2) for his secret — the fact he’s actually the prince of Eldonia — to never make its way to Chicago. But if Daniel keeps avoiding his crown, their family will lose their kingdom forever.
Madison Myong can’t believe that her will-they-or-won’t-they best friend Daniel is
really a prince! He’s always seemed more rebel than royal. But now, he needs to clean up his image, fast. Posing as his long-time girlfriend, Madison accompanies him back to Eldonia, intending to give Daniel a makeover fit for a king.
Only, the more royal Daniel becomes, the more Madison misses her best friend. And if she does her job right, she’ll lose him forever…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Leah and Kate Rooper are sisters from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Growing up beside the Pacific Ocean and inside a temperate rainforest fed their sense of adventure as children, and nourished a curiosity for strange and distant lands. They fed this curiosity with books – lots and lots of books. After experiencing the magic of Middle-earth, they began creating their own worlds. When they’re not writing, Leah and Kate spend !their time blogging and vlogging about their travel adventures and their writing journey.
PLEASE WELCOME KATE AND LEAH TO BOOKHOUNDS
- WHAT IS ON YOUR DESK?
Leah here! (Kate’s desk was far too scary to share!) You can tell this is my desk from all the paint stains on it. If I’m not writing, I’m painting, so often my work area gets messy. As you can see, my desk is a little cluttered, but I feel like I always need my things nice and close! Here’s what’s important on my desk:
- My laptop. I do most of my writing on my laptop, although some scenes I will write in my notebook. I also have lots of lines written in the notes app on my phone.
- A burning candle. There’s something so comforting about a scented candle. I love Bath and Bodyworks candles, but lately I’ve been loving book-inspired candles. The one of my desk now is called Kady from the Illuminae Files.
- My planner. I would be so lost without my planner! I’ve tried planners on my phone, but I never have the motivation to keep them up. Plus I’m a sucker for stickers and fancy pens!
- Disney Mug. Do you see Chip there from Beauty and the Beast? It’s one of my favourite mugs. I seriously never sit down to write without a cup of tea on my desk!
- 10 Favorite Books and 1 that isn’t (make us guess which one!)
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Golden Compass By Philip Pullman
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sara J. Maas
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
(Highlight the below line for the answer!)
ANSWER: The book we don’t like is Alice in Wonderland!
- What books did you read as a child that inspired you to write?
Without a doubt, the books that inspired us to write were The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. Our father read the whole serious out loud, starting with The Hobbit, and we were so enthralled with the sprawling fantasy world and epic battle of good vs evil. After that, we both wrote versions of our own epic fantasy that will never see the light of day!
- Song list for your book
We love listening to music while writing a book! I We always make a playlist to inspire new scenes and ideas. Here are our top songs for Just One of the Royals:
- Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis: This is the song the Chicago Blackhawks (our favourite NHL team) play when they score a goal…so obviously we imagine it as the goal song for our Chicago Falcons 🙂
- Almost There from Princess and the Frog: We love Disney music, and although the lyrics aren’t perfect, this song embodies Madison in a lot of ways. Madison does so much for other people and tries to accomplish so many things that she doesn’t have time to be a normal teenager.
- Bella Notte from Lady and the Tramp: Daniel Sacachelli is very proud of his Italian heritage, and besides being an amazing hockey player, he’s also a talented cook. His signature dish is spaghetti, so obviously the most famous spaghetti-eating song of all time had to make it on our playlist.
- Who is She by Patrick Doyle: We listened to the Cinderella soundtrack A LOT when writing this book. Of course, being set in a castle we needed lots of grand ballroom songs.
- Dive by Ed Sheeran: This song really struck us as Daniel and Madison, two people who care so much about each other, but there’s so many things keeping them apart.
- What is a typical writing day like for you?
Unfortunately, we are both full-time students as well as work day jobs, so our typical writing day usually means pounding out our words or edits at the end of the night! But when we do both get a full day off together at the same time, we’ll usually start the day going for a run or a walk so we can get some fresh air, then settle in at our side-by-side desks for a few hours of work. Having a writing partner is the best because you can help each other stay on track…and have someone keep you accountable if you’ve been on Twitter for too long! After a few hours at our desks, we’ll usually break for lunch. If the weather’s nice, we’ll spend the afternoon sitting outside in the yard, writing on our comfy outdoor swing or sitting on a blanket. Depending on how edits are going, we’ll print a draft out and then spend the evening on our couch reading the book out loud to check for flow and pacing issues.
$20 Amazon Gift Card (INT)