Published by Swoon Romance
The Boyfriend Whisperer by Linda Budzinski
Publication Date: February 19, 2019
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Link to Goodreads:
BAM | Indies | Amazon | B&N | TBD
Alicea Springer was Boyfriend Whisperer Enterprises’ top success story. That is, until her dream date, Ty Walker, dumped her a week before prom. Now it’s senior year, and Alicea has taken over the business and given it an upgrade using an automated matchmaking program designed to help her classmates find their perfect match.
Alicea has no interest in using the program herself. She already knows who her perfect match is … Ty. She doesn’t need an app to tell her that (or worse, match her up with someone else). In a moment of weakness, Alicea allows her friends to convince her to give the program a try. To her horror, it matches her with the last boy on earth she’d ever want to date — Darius Groves, the class deadbeat.
When she and Darius are paired up for a class project, Alicea learns there’s more to him than his bad reputation. But the more she spends time with Darius, the more she questions their match. They have so little in common. Why did her program match them?
Can Alicea defy the odds and make a match of her own heart’s desire? Or will the matchmaker remained unmatched?
Linda Budzinski is the author of four young adult novels, all published by Swoon Romance YA: The Boyfriend Whisperer and The Boyfriend Whisperer 2.0, Em & Em, and The Funeral Singer. When she’s not writing, she works in nonprofit communications and outreach. She lives in Northern Virginia with my husband, Joe, and is active with her church’s youth group. She’s a sucker for romance and reality TV and has been known to turn off her phone’s ringer when watching “The Bachelor.” Her favorite flower is the daisy, her favorite food is chocolate, and her favorite song is “Amazing Grace.”
Website • Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • Goodreads
- Computer, monitor and printer (of course)!
- Calendar—I use lots of calendars to plot out timelines for my books and make sure I’m keeping track of my characters’ days, weeks, and months.
- A basket full of gorgeous bookmarks I’ve collected at author signings, festivals, and conferences.
- Tchotchkes and stuffed friends.
- My “Do What You Love” wall sign.
- A Chinese fortune (that little white paper taped just above the sign), which reminds me that, “Genius is the capacity to take infinite pains.”
- My puppy (OK, I had to paste her on there because she wouldn’t sit for the picture, but the vast majority of my writing occurs with her on my lap)!
- One winner will receive a Starbucks gift card
Amy Pollard Woolard says
Great sounding book, Linda!! I am looking forward to reading your book!!
Sara Zielinski says
Thank you for telling me about this book.
Linda Kish says
Sounds like this will be fun to read.
Congrats on the new release! Thanks for sharing.
Linda Budzinski says
Thanks, everyone! Hope you enjoy Alicea’s story! xoxoxo
Mya Murphy says
Ahhhh teen angst at its finest!!! This book sounds SO super cute!!
Susan Smith says
I like the cover, sounds like a cute book.