Published by Entangled Teen
The boy she’d lost, and finally found again, is not the same boy she remembers. As one of the most powerful Sixes, Kale has changed in ways Dez can’t ignore.
He swore he’d never kill, and now he’s out for blood.
He swore he’d never harm her, and now he struggles to control his fatal touch.
They’ve been to hell and back, over and over, but this time they might not survive the fire.
When the truth at the root of the Denazen Corporation’s origins begins to unfold, those behind the scenes will do anything to keep it hidden.
Dez and Kale will be pushed to their breaking point. As long buried secrets come to light, they must fight for their freedom—and each other—as they never have before.
Kale’s destructive power could win the battle, if he doesn’t lose himself to it in the process. Or Dez will be faced with an impossible task—saving the world from the boy she loves.
Link to Goodreads:
Why You’ll Love this book
Transcendent, the fourth and final book in the Denazen series is out in the world! The journey here has been amazing and I’m so excited that the series is now complete.
I was chatting with a new friend the other day and she asked me why she should tell people to read the Denazen series.
“What characteristics do you think the books have that draw readers in?”
I thought about it for a while, and then, like I do with most things, I made a list!
- Strong, independent, adrenalin junkie heroine who would do anything for those she loves – Dez is brave and bold and doesn’t think twice about saying what’s on her mind. If she thinks your wrong, she’ll tell you. If she wants something, she’ll go after it. She’s a fighter and unwilling to take anyone’s shit. While she doesn’t always make the wisest decisions (she’s a teenager after all and doesn’t have it all figured out just yet) her heart is always in the right place. She puts herself on the line over and over to keep other people out of danger and is determined to make the streets of Parkview safe for everyone—Nix and Six alike.
- Badass hero with the ultimate heart of gold – Kale has had a heard life. Like, really hard. He was used as a weapon, a deadly tool to carry out the twisted agenda of power-mad men. But that didn’t turn him into a monster. Quite the opposite, actually. His scenes with Dez are tender and induce serious warm fuzzies—as well as the need for a fire extinguisher in some situations. He lived the first 18 years of his life is seclusion so his ignorance over even the most basic social situations is often hysterical. (um, hello first kiss?) He’s a complicated guy who hates being complicated.
- Complicated, intense relationships – Dez and Kale are intense, but they’re not the only ones. This series is full of twisty familial bonds, epic friendships, bad guys redeemed though bromance, and good guys soured by jealousy.
- Power-fuelled action – The chase/fight scenes aren’t your average punch by punch. There’s fire and ice and footwear morphing into bricks… From the epic battle at the end of the first book all the way to the very last page of Transcendent, there’s plenty edge-of-your-seat, X-Men-like action to sate everyone.
- Cliff hangers – Yep. There’s a few. The awesome part? The series is COMPLETE so it doesn’t matter! Binge the whole thing in a few days or drag it out as long as you want. All four books (six if you count in the two novellas) are out there waiting to be devoured.
- Plot twists aplenty – Think you have it all figured out? Guess again. Everyone has a secret. Some of them are lifechanging.
- Ginger – A badass character inspired by the amazing Betty White, Ginger would love to make you cookies—but instead of feeding them to you, she’d probably choke you with them.
- A killer soundtrack – Love music? Me too! Recently I combined all the book playlists for the Denazen series into one big list! Music was a huge inspiration for this series. Each character had their own songs, some of these scenes, too.
- Imperfect, flawed characters – Like the relationships in these books, the characters ae all layered with their own unique personalities—some of which don’t mix well 😉
- Humor – While the book delves into dark waters in places, Dez’s sarcastic wit and Kale’s charmingly innocent view of the world balances things out nicely. There are plenty of scenes that will have the reader snarfing their coffee and rolling out of their chair.
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. But at the last minute, she realized her true path lay with fiction, not food.
Jus is the bestselling author of the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, as well as the Darker Agency series, and the New Adult series, The Eternal Balance. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald.
• One (1) winner will receive a $10 B&N Giftcard