I am thrilled to be hosting a spot on the FORGIVE ME by Kateri Stanley Blog Tour hosted by Rockstar Book Tours. Check out my post and make sure to enter the giveaway!
A secret video tape. A painful truth. A quest for revenge.
Investigative journalist, Susan ‘Stripe’ McLachlan, is constantly hounded by eager documentarians for interview requests about the Night Scrawler murders. One of the victims of the mysterious serial killer was a member of her own family, her father.
At the peak of her career, her services are sought by Isaac Payne who commissions her to write an article for his website. Usually, her projects delve into more uncomfortable, questionable topics, but there’s a deep, almost hauntingly familiar pull about her new client that intrigues her.
As she learns more about Isaac, Stripe digs up fresh secrets about the murders, arousing her suspicions. After an awkward confrontation, she wakes up in Isaac’s bed — with a chain around her ankle.
Isaac shows her harrowing footage on an old VHS tape. The contents hits close to home…closer than Stripe ever imagined. Now, she has to wrestle with her own moral compass and unpick the truth from the web of lies that turn into a crescendo where memories created from misery and suffering cannot be silenced.
Will Isaac ever lay the past to rest? And how will Stripe cope with the revelations that challenge everything she has ever known?
- “This book was probably one the best, most memorable books I’ll read this year.”⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-Kim Napolitano (book blogger)
- “Forgive Me utilizes two devices for which I’m a total sucker for: POV-switching and time-hopping. This can make or break for a book, and successful execution relies on fluidity, flow and pacing. Kateri is a master of all three.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ -Gavin Gardiner (author)
- “Forgive Me is the debut novel by Kateri Stanley, which blends various genres into a new mold of horror and suspense. With elements of science fiction, thrillers, slashers, and romance, Forgive Me unravels the sordid history and secrets of Stanley’s characters. The sections and chapters move the reader through time, space, and points of view, creating a jigsaw puzzle that reveals the whole picture at the end. Readers move backwards and forwards in time, and from one character to another, receiving flashes of insight, allowing readers to piece the story together.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ -A.E. Santana (author & editor)
- “So dark and twisty. Everything a thriller should be.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ –Michaela Syson (book blogger)
- “It’s difficult to pin down the genre of Forgive Me without giving the game away – there are elements of science fiction, slasher, ghost story and even a liberal dose of John Hughes-esque teen drama I planned to read a little every night over a few weeks but the fast-paced, almost cinematic nature of Forgive Me kept me reading so that I finished in just three or four sittings. If this is only the first novel from Kateri Stanley, I very much look forward to what she produces next.“ -Paul Childs (World Geekly News)
Top 5 favorite movies
I LOVE movies. There was a time where I visited the cinema at least twice a week, that’s how much I love it. Again, I’m a picky (and greedy) person so I don’t have a favourite movie list because I adore so many and the list is always growing. I love films across different genres but I’ve put together 5 I’ve for ages and they all have killer soundtracks!
If you follow me on Instagram, I participate in #filmfriday where I post about films I love and discuss what made them so wonderful.
The Fifth Element
Bram Stoker’s Dracula
About Kateri Stanley:
Kateri Stanley is a published writer, from the West Midlands in the UK. She has a Brummie accent. She’s a dark fiction lover of any genre. She has a degree in Arts and Humanities. She loves eating chocolate and cheese, watching films, telly and game cut-scenes. She has FINALLY become a cat-mom to 2 feline beauties!
More information can be found at www.kateristanley.com.
Kateri is also active on several social media platforms.
1 winner will receive a $10 Amazon GC, International.
|10/25/2021||BookHounds YA||Guest Post|
|10/27/2021||The Momma Spot||Guest Post|
|10/29/2021||The Phantom Paragrapher||Guest Post|
|11/1/2021||Lifestyle of Me||Review|
|11/2/2021||Coffee and Wander Book Reviews||Review|
|11/3/2021||The Book Review Crew||Review|